I am definitely not a morning person so hitting the snooze button more than once has become a habit I need to break. Waking up later means I don't have time to prepare breakfast for myself and I usually go without it. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and skipping it can also mean throwing off your body's rhythm of fasting and eating. When you wake up, the blood sugar your body needs to make your muscles and brain work their best is usually low. Breakfast helps replenish it. Thanks to these 5 breakfast hacks I can sleep in AND enjoy a healthy, filling breakfast. Keep reading to see what they are and how I stay healthy with easy solutions such as Centrum Vitamints and Gummies!
Like most millennials these days I work 40 hours a week (sometimes more), blog part-time, date, and hang out with friends. With all of these hats I'm juggling it can be ridiculously hard to fit all of that into my schedule, eat healthy and maintain an active lifestyle. Breakfast is not the highest priority on my list when I wake up in the morning, but I know that it should be. Lately I've discovered a few breakfast hacks that have allowed me to enjoy breakfast for the first time in a long time!
- One of my all-time favorite ways to make sure I have breakfast is to pour a little granola into a bowl, add almond or soy milk, and throw in my lunchbox or purse and head to work. When I get to work my granola has softened, but still a bit crunchy and it's ready to eat while I check emails or make a plan for my day. If you have a longer commute I would not try this as the granola can become super mushy and warm. Bonus tip: for more fiber I typically add a pinch of flaxseeds and oats! This always keeps me full until lunch time.
- Make your breakfast the night before. Overnight oats are a great way to make sure you have breakfast ready for the next morning! Measure out your oats, pour in enough milk of your choice to cover them, add in any additional toppings, and throw it in the fridge. There's tons of recipes for overnight oats on Pinterest - my personal fave is this cake batter protein recipe for delicious overnight oatmeal!
- Spice up your morning toast with new toppings. Toast is one of the easier things you can make for breakfast. Avocado toast has been hugely popular lately so make a couple of slices and add feta and pomegranate or edamame, sprouts, and lemon. Not a fan of savory toast? Try sweetening those whole wheat slices with bananas, almond butter, and chia seeds or pineapple and cottage cheese!
- Looking for a burst of nutrients that isn't heavy, but filling at the same time? Make yourself a smoothie! To make these vitamin packed drinks more time efficient, place your favorite smoothie ingredients in plastic freezer bags, and pull them out whenever you need them. If you have time on the weekends you can actually make a month's worth of bags in an hour! My personal faves are this purple protein smoothie and these frozen green smoothies.
- Kick those smoothies up a notch and make homemade acai bowls! If you search acai bowl recipes on Pinterest the number of matches is a bit overwhelming. Thankfully I found this recipe for 3 ingredient acai bowls that are sure to fill you up and not take up too much time to make or eat. Blend acai smoothie packets with milk and fruit of your choice and top with more fruit, chia seeds, and anything else you desire. You can fully customize these bowls and make them thousands of different ways and they're cheaper than going to that acai bowl shop down the street!
Even though I've started introducing healthier breakfast options into my diet, I can still miss important vitamins and minerals when I'm on the go. Centrum Vitamints and Gummies are a great, simple solution to staying healthy*. The Raspberry Vitamints are perfect for the heat wave we've been having here because they have a cooling sensation as you chew them up. I keep them on my nightstand and take 2 every morning for a jump start on my vitamin intake for the day. I'm also a huge fan of the multivitamin Gummies because I'm actually 10 years old and like to pretend my vitamins are candy (I joke). The next best thing about these vitamins are than I can find them at my local Walmart!
Thinking about getting Centrum Vitamints or Gummies for yourself? Check out their coupons page for great deals! Thanks for reading and happy Tuesday!!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.