Before I dive into my goals for May, here's a recap of my last blogging goals list all the way from March:
- Continue posting on a consistent basis. - Semi-completed. I only posted 9 times during the month of March. While it's not my worst month it's still better than nothing. I wish I could have posted more, but at the end of the day I don't want to put out anymore "blah" content and I'd rather not post than deliver something mediocre. I did see an increase in my stats for the months of March and April despite them being one of my slower months post wise.
My blog goals for the month of May are pretty basic. Even though I have made a lot of progress the past few months I definitely see room for improvement as far as creating my editorial calendar and planning content. I've also decided to include personal goals on this list for the sake of accountability.
- Plan more content in advance. - As I'm writing this my planner is lost somewhere in my house and I feel so lost without it. I miss being able to open my calendar and jot down ideas for the upcoming weeks. A lot of my ideas come at the last minute and that's honestly when I do my best work. I just don't like relying on that tactic for my blog content. I spend a lot of time working on this blog and I want it to show. Hopefully I'll find my planner soon, but I am trying to plan my blog content nonetheless.
- Post more outfit photos. - I always say that my blog focus or niche is fashion then lifestyle, but if you look at my blog posts from the past couple of months you'll see wayyyyyyy too many lifestyle posts and not enough outfit posts. Spring is a great time to get back into shooting outfit photos because the weather and trends are gorgeous. Don't get me wrong: I love my lifestyle, beauty, and DIY posts, but I love showing off my latest shopping purchases even more.
- Eat healthier and exercise at least 2 times a week. - This personal goal is one that I've actually been working on for a couple of weeks now. The reason for this goal is that I've noticed changes in my body and mood because I eat so much junk. If I want to live better and feel better then I need to make some changes.
- Read 1 new book and watch 1 new movie. - I love love love reading and watching movies. I wasn't able to read any good books last month, but I'm ready to put on my bookworm glasses and dive into a good novel. I still have a (long overdue) copy of The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling that I need to finish so I'm already closer to completing this goal. As far as movies go I usually put on an old favorite like Silence of the Lambs or The Avengers for background noise while I clean up or write a blog post. This month I want to branch out and watch at least one of the movies in my Netflix queue. I'm currently leaning towards watching Sin City, V is for Vendetta, or Pulp Fiction.
I know I can rock all 4 goals if I try hard enough. I'm already slipping on the healthy eating simply because I can't resist ice cream. I'm sure I'll get better as the month progresses, promise! What's on your goal list for this month? Let me know in the comments below!
Linking up with: