*This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and alli weight loss aid. All opinions are mine alone. #alliInMyLife #After #CollectiveBias
Losing weight is not an easy task. It takes dedication and some serious discipline. It’s been a couple months since I announced that I was on my weight loss journey with the help of alli® weight loss aid. It hasn’t been easy, but I know it’s for the best. Luckily, I’ve had the support of my boyfriend who is also joining me on my path to health! We’ve made an effort to eat more home-cooked meals and eliminate fast food from our diets, and we’ve also started working out at least 2 times a week. Without him I’d be doing this alone and probably would have failed within the first week. Staying motivated on your weight loss journey can be hard, but I’ve got 10 tips to make it a bit easier to stay on track!
- Have an older dress you’re trying to fit into? Put it out where you can see it everyday. It will serve as a visual reminder of what you’re trying to accomplish!
- Keep track of your progress. When you get up in the morning weigh yourself and write it down. There are studies that show that people who do daily weigh-ins actually lose more weight. If you haven’t lost a pound in a while, seeing your progress will motivate you even more!
- Join a workout class and make friends with a few of the regulars. Seeing your friends will inspire you to attend every class and how embarrassing would it be to miss one when everybody knows you?
- Design your own weight loss plan. Instead of trying a cookie-cutter diet, create a plan that works with your lifestyle. Little changes such as reducing portions can add up to big results!
- It’s okay to give into temptation, just don’t let it become a reason to overdo it. If you’re craving a certain food, it’s okay to indulge, but don’t let it be a reason to binge.
- Find a support system! It’s hard to lose weight and eat healthy by yourself. Ask a friend, family member or join a support group online to find your fitness buddy!
- Reward yourself! Small rewards are a great way to motivate yourself as long as they’re not food-related. Set small goals along the way and reward yourself for reaching them. Buy yourself a new pair of shoes or splurge on a spa package.
- Set goals beyond the scale. Health goals don’t need to be based on numbers on the scale. Instead of saying “I want to lose 10 pounds,” vow to workout 3 times a week, eat more fruits and veggies, or cut out junk food.
- Be patient. Remember that you can hit a plateau when losing weight and might not see any progress for a while. Don’t let it discourage you, but use it as a motivator to work even harder.
- Use your smartphone/watch. There are tons of apps and products out there that can provide instant motivation. My FitBit app motivates me to get moving every hour. There’s are apps like Zombies, Run! that make exercising fun. If you watched the Apple Keynote in September you’ll know they’re releasing a new Nike+ Apple Watch that asks if you’re running today and gives updates on how many miles you need to run to beat a friend. If being number one isn’t good enough motivation to get moving then I don’t know what is!
These tips are perfect for maintaining a healthy lifestyle for the rest of your life, not just for weight loss. Along with following the tips above and alli® weight loss aid, I’ve boosted my weight loss efforts. By making these changes, eating right, and taking alli® weight loss aid, the only FDA-approved over the counter weight loss aid, I’ve noticed a significant change in my body*. I purchased my alli® weight loss aid kit from my local Target in the health section. It works by blocking 25% of the fat you eat from being absorbed by your body.
Above is my progress after taking alli® weight loss aid for one month. I won’t say how much weight I’ve lost as I’m still working on achieving a healthy weight and maintaining this lifestyle change. I can say that I can fit into clothing that I haven’t worn in months and I feel more confident in anything that I wear. I can’t wait to continue taking alli® weight loss aid! If you would like to join in taking it, there’s a coupon here for $10 off your purchase! For more information, you can visit their official website here.