4. Deborah Lippman "Harem Silk" // 5. Uniqlo flannel shirt // 6. J. Crew Factory quilted puffer vest
7. Lucky Brand riding boots // 8. J Brand skinny jeans // 9. Sam Edelman leopard flats // 10 . Sperry Saltwater duck boots
- A cute beanie - I love the bow on this one from Kate Spade. These can be lifesavers on the days when you don't want to bother with your hair! You can buy these from anywhere, but I love to get mine from Forever 21 and Target.
- A crystal statement necklace - These look so polished when layered over denim or flannel shirts. They add instant shine to any outfit.
- A dark red lipstick - An outfit is never complete without lipstick, right? I love fall because deep reds, maroons, and burgundys are in season. This shade from MAC adds a pop of color to any outfit. I also love the matte lip pencils from NARS.
- A dark nail polish - In the summer white and bright shades of coral and pink reign supreme. Darker nail polishes in shades of emerald, marsala and navy feel more appropriate in the colder months. I love this one from Deborah Lippman, but Essie also has more affordable options.
- A flannel shirt - These are an essential for the obvious reason of warmth, but they're so versatile! They can be layered under puffer vests, sweaters, sweatshirts, tied around your waist, the list goes on and on! You can find these for a steal at Target or Forever 21, but if you want to invest I suggest checking out Madewell.
- Puffer vests - These are also on the list for obvious reasons, but they can be worn with soooo many things! I can't wait to layer mine over chambray shirts and sweaters. I personally think J. Crew has the best vests, but Old Navy offers them at a more affordable price point.
- Riding boots - Another Fall staple is the riding boot. They keep your feet and legs nice and cozy when it gets chilly out. Frye and Tory Burch offer plenty of options if you're looking for a long-term investment. More affordable options can be found at Target or JustFab!
- Wine-colored skinnies - A solid pair of denim skinnies should already be in your closet, but ruby shades of this staple stand out more in the Fall. Any jewel tone jean is great for the season, but Marsala is the color of the year. Why not embrace it? A good pair can come from American Eagle or Joe's Jeans.
- Leopard flats - These can be worn with almost everything on the list! They look so good paired with a dark pair of denim skinnies and a sweater. These are a dressier option when boots won't cut it.
- Duck boots - These are a heavy duty option for colder, rainy days. I love the way they look with a flannel, puffer vest, thick wool socks and denim skinnies! I love this option from Sperry (they come in tons of other colors, too!) and they can be found at LL Bean, too.
What are your fall staples? Leave them in the comments below!
Shop this post!