Today is the first official day of winter which means it's time to pull out all the essentials! Time to pull out the heavy jackets, sweaters, scarves, and socks hiding in the back of your closet. This time of year means staying warm no matter the sacrifice and who says staying fashionable has to be one of those sacrifices? My list is sure to keep you warm and in style! Keep reading to see what's on my list and if you didn't catch my Autumn Essentials, then you can check those out here!
- Bomber jacket - I remember these jackets were so popular when I was in high school. I can honestly say I'm thrilled this trend is back. These can be some of the warmest jackets you'll ever own and they're the perfect way to add a little military edge to any outfit. I love them in the traditional black and olive green, but I've also seen a few amazing pieces in pink, burgundy, and even prints. Missguided currently has my favorite selection, but I've also seen some great ones for sale at Forever 21 and SheIn.
- Mittens or gloves - With the fall we've been having you might already have pulled these from the depths of your closet. They can be a super cute way to keep your hands warm if you take the time to find the perfect pair. I really like this red, faux fur pair from Kate Spade.
- Faux fur earmuffs - Not an absolute necessity if you have a cute hat, but its a great option if you don't want to mess up your hair for a night out. I'm recently loving any pair with fur on the ear parts and how cute is the leather headband on this pair?!
- Lip protection - The harsh winter air can wreak havoc on your lips. You moisturize your skin everyday, why not your lips? My favorite lip balm this time of year is the Baby Lips Dr. Rescue line. They have a hint of eucalyptus for a cool, tingling burst of moisture.
- Peacoat - A nice peacoat is a great dressy alternative to the heavy parkas we have to don this time of year. Some even have an insulated area to keep you even warmer. My favorites are from J. Crew, but London Fog has some great options that are also on sale right now!
- Scarves - These little bundles of joy are probably in your rotation since the beginning of fall. This time of year, it's a must to have the coziest, warmest scarf you can find. I'm loving this scarf with a different take on plaid from Express.
- Thermal tops - A total no-brainer! We all like to stay warm and toasty under our coats, but if you can't wear one these tops are great. Free People has super cute options that can be worn all one their own or underneath sweaters, flannels, or vests. If those aren't your style, plain options can be found at almost any retailer.
- Warm socks - Another essential that might also be in your rotation from fall. Cozy socks can keep your feet nice and toasty no matter what type of shoes you're wearing. I've listed a few pair from J. Crew and J. Crew Factory below, but if you want the ultimate pair of warm socks I suggest heading to a sporting goods store and picking up a pair of cabin, boot, or camp socks.
- Timberland boots - In a time where UGG, Bean, and Hunter boots reign supreme, I like to switch it up with Timberland boots. Their thick, chunky sole make them perfect for snowy weather. I love wearing them with a bomber jacket and boyfriend jeans for a feminine take on a masculine outfit. Pair them with thick socks and they're sure to become a new staple in your closet!
SHOP THIS POST: